2.26.2012

Project: Best Broccoli

Most people don't like broccoli. I used to. Actually, I used to not eat vegetables. But this is going to change since one of my resolutions for Lent is to only have 1 meat dish everyday. Not easy for me, but making it. This recipe sounded good to me, plus what trouble can I get into? 

Boy, did I get in trouble. I LOVED THIS RECIPE!! It is safe to say that I will be making this a lot during this Lenten season.

The recipe is simple, and the ingredients are easy to find! 

Note: If you wash the broccoli, make sure that you dry it well, or else it will not get crispy.

Best Broccoli Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 bunch of broccoli ( pre-packaged bunch)
6 1/2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 lemon
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I use three blend parmesan)

Procedure:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2. Cut the broccoli into florets. Place them in a baking sheet or pan lined with foil (for easier cleanup).

3. Pour 5 tablespoons Olive oil into the broccoli, sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic salt.

4. Toss in the garlic slices. Toss everything together, until florets are well seasoned and covered with oil.

5. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes. The smaller the florets that you cut, the less time it will need to cook.

6. When it is crispy and browned (NOT BURNT!), take out the broccoli, and pour the rest of the olive out.

7. Transfer to a plate. Squeeze lemon over the broccoli, and sprinkle the parmesan cheese. 

8. Toss and serve. Enoy!

The Verdict:
The broccoli was crunchy, and chewy in some parts. The lemon really brightened up the flavor of the olive oil and parmesan. It was really good, and in my opinion, if parents would serve this to kids, they wont have problems eating there veggies.


No comments:

Post a Comment