2.26.2012

Project: Panera Mac & Cheese

WHO DOESN'T LOVE MAC & CHEESE??? I certainly love it! Growing up where Mac & Cheese was not a staple, I am addicted to it. I can eat it everyday! But this version is amazing! It is relatively easy to make, and it was interesting to find out what hot sauce and mustard can do to make this recipe great.     

It did not fail me.

I was in love again. With this version of mac & cheese. LOOOOOOVE IT! Plus, knowing that anything from Panera tastes good, I was not worried trying this out!

Here it is: the magical recipe that I tried. I made some subtle changes, if you're wanting the original recipe, click here.

Panera Mac & Cheese:

Ingredients:
1 package medium pasta shells
1/3 Butter
2 1/2 cups 2% reduced fat milk
6 slices American cheese, chopped
1 cup shredded extra sharp white cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon, 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 tsp Texas Pete hot sauce

Procedure:
1. Prepare pasta according to directions.

2. Melt butter in a large sauce pan over low heat. Whisk flour in the pan. Cook for 1 minute while whisking consistently.

3. Gradually whisk in Milk. Increase heat to medium. Whisk until mixture becomes thick.

4. Remove pan from heat. Add cheeses, mustard, salt, and hot sauce in the pan. Mix until cheeses melt, and sauce becomes smooth.

5. Stir in pasta, and cook in medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir before serving.

The verdict:
IT IS AMAZING!! Will definitely cook it again! It was creamy, and it was cheesy. Definitely in my fave recipes list!

No comments:

Post a Comment