2.26.2012

Project: Chocolate Ricotta Mousse

I've never made a mousse before, and this was a challenge for me. Not because it was hard to make, but because I've never done it so I don't know if I'm doing it right.

Lucky for me, this recipe is easy. To see the original recipe, click here for Skinnytaste's blog

Chocolate Ricotta Mousse:

Ingredients:
2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese, for creamier consistency         
                you can use regular ricotta.
3 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt

Procedure:

1. In a saucepan, cook the egg whites, sugar and salt over medium heat. Whisk until sugar is melted and the mixture is frothy. Remove from heat.

2. In a bowl, beat the ricotta cheese and the cocoa powder until it is smooth. You must beat it until it is really smooth or else the mousse would be gritty.

3. Fold the egg white mixture into the cheese mixture until it is well combined. 

4. Pour over ramekins and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.

The Verdict:
 It is heavenly! It is airy, creamy and chocolatey! Perfect dessert if you're on a diet and just have that chocolate craving. I've done this twice already! If you want creamier consistency, use regular ricotta cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment