2.26.2012

Project: Tres Leche Panettone de Casa

I have been hankering for something sweet, but was too lazy to go to the store and grab some desserts. So, with much effort (no, not really) I searched for a cake recipe. Cakes are always good, and you can personalize it as much as you want. With that in mind, I saw this Panettone recipe, plus, it was the easiest recipe I found. Then, an idea popped in my head, "why don't I create a Tres Leche Panettone?" And the adventure began.

Here is the easiest Panettone recipe I found, from Julia's Healthy Italian Cooking Blog. It really was easy! And did it come out good! If you wanted a sweeter panettone, simply add more sugar. Make the panettone, and while it is still warm, make the tres leches and pour onto the cake.

Tres Leches Recipe:
1 can of Evaporated Milk
1 can of Condensed Milk
1 Cup of Milk

1. Mix everything together.
2. Pour into the warm cake in batches. Make sure it is well spread and every inch of the cake has the tres leches mixture.
3. Chill until ready to serve.

The Verdict:
 I LOVED IT. I'm glad the panettone was not sweet, because the tres leches sure made up for the lack of sweetness in the cake. I'll definitely make it again!

2 comments: